Standard-Duty (SD) or Heavy-Duty (HD) Self-Dumping Hoppers
Capacity: 4000-6500 lbs
The self dumping sludge dewatering box is an economical, one step method to separate water and sludges or solids.
Typical Sludge Dewatering Box Uses
- Pretreatment of wastewater to remove solids prior to discharge in the City Sewer
- De-water sludge or solids prior to disposal os solids in a landfill.
- Remove suspended solids to lower TSS (Total Suspended Solids)
- Recover water or solids from wastewater.
How The Sludge Dewatering Box Works
Wastewater or sludge is pumped in to the self dumping dewatering box where separated waster will drain by gravity through the bottom filter screen. The separated water after draining through the filter media will discharge from the dewatering box through a 2 inch female outlet on the box located near the bottom on the back side of the dewatering box. An optional Air Operated Diaphragm (AOD) pump can be used to pull a vacuum on the box to aid in dewatering.
Available Dewatering Box Options:
Heavy Duty Sludge Dewatering Box
- Box is constructed of 7-gauge or 3/16" carbon steel
- Base frame and fork lift holes are constructed of 1/4” carbon steel
- Top of box has a formed top 1 ½" by 1/4"
- Capacity is 6500 lbs. (1/2 CU. YD. model is 4500 lbs.)
- Color Industrial Grey
Standard Sludge Dewatering Box
- Box is constructed of 10-gauge carbon steel
- Box is water tight
- Base frame and fork lift holes are constructed of 3/16" carbon steel (1/2 CU. YD. model is 8-gauge)
- Top of box has a formed top 1 ½" by 3/16"
- Capacity is 4000 lbs.
- Color Industrial Grey
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Lifting Hooks
- Casters available in steel, rubber, poly or phenolic 4", 6", 8" and 10"
- Custom Colors, red blue, yellow, green or customer-specified.
- Heavy Duty Plastic lid
Dewatering Box Filter Options
The standard filter material is a Stainless Steel (SS) wire mesh screen. Size is 100 mesh, 100 openings per inch in each direction. We can provide any size wire mesh from 20 to 100 in SS. In addition to SS wire screen we offer filter paper.
Filter Paper Options
- Polyethylene Filter Paper, 0.5 oz, 1.0 oz and 1.25 oz.
- Rayon Filter Paper, 0.5 oz, 0.7 oz and 1.0 oz.
Not sure what to use? Contact us and we will send a free sample kit with a 20” by 20” sample of the filter papers for you to test. Note: Heavier papers are available but require a vacuum pump to efficiently filter water. Filters can be easily cleaned in place or removed for cleaning. To remove the filter simply unbolt the filter frame and remove the filter.